Monday, May 2, 2011

Threads to 9-11 & Super Rudy 2

     A quilt is the story of artist and the history of the time it was created.  This is especially true for crazy quilts.  For some reason, I was home from school days after 9-11.  I sat glued to the television watching the news coverage with my threads in hand.  I remember struggling with the design of this particular block.  I had already added the birds and the doily.  Minnie Mouse is just above the bright red.  That afternoon, the white waves and stars on top of the blue and red practically stitched themselves.  The weathered green and yellow fabrics really didn't lend themselves to a patriotic statement, but "God Bless America" somehow just works in this spot.  A few months later, while visiting a bead shop in the Mall of America, I found the charm of the Twin Towers.  It was so soon after the tragic event that they were an assumed sight in a depiction of the New York skyline.





Super Rudy 2
     I have had many wonderful messages regarding "Super Rudy".  The boys are so excited!  Here some of their latest pages.  These pages also seem so appropriate for today in history.  Sometimes, the good guys really do catch the evil villain.



No comments:

Post a Comment